Current Affairs 2012
41. Who was given the first S.K.Singh award for negotiating Indo-US nuclear deal?
Answer: D.Bala Venkatesh Varma
42. Where is the world’s largest solar telescope set to be built?
Answer: Merak on Pangong Tso lake in the cold desert Ladakh region
43. Who has been appointed as President of Federation of Indian Export Organisations?
Answer: Rafeeq Ahmed
44. Which state has planned to teach Bhagavad Gita in schools?
45. Which automobile maker has re-entered Indian markets
after 13 years?
46. Who won the doubles title at the Chennai Open 2012?
Answer: Leander Peas and Janko Tipsarevic
47. Which country has called for Indian investments and sought partnership in oil and gas exploration?
Answer: Trinidad and Tobago
48. Who has been appointed as Managing Director, President and CEO of Samsung’s South-West Asia operations?
49. Name the world’s first hydrogen powered 3-wheeler which was launched by Mahindra and Mahindra at the 11th Auto Expo 2012.
50. Who won the FIFA women’s World player of the year?
Answer: Homare Sawa of Japan
51. Who won the FIFA men’s world player of the year 3rd time in a row?
Answer: Lionel Messi of Argentina
52. Name the car which won the 2012 North American Car of the year award.
Answer: Hyundai Elantra
53. Name the Guinea Bissau President who died recently.
Answer: Malam Bacai Sanha
54. Name the chairman of Swiss National Bank who stepped down recently.
Answer: Philipp Hildebrand
55. Which company has acquired Bangalore-based event and entertainment guide Buzzintown?
Answer: Yatra online
56. Which country’s Prime Minister is to be chief guest at Indian Republic Day parade?
Answer: Thailand Prime Minister, Yingluck Shinawatra
57. How many banks are now allowed to import bullion or precious metals?
58. Name the recently added banks to import precious metals.
Answer: Yes Bank, Bank of Maharashtra, City Union Bank and ING Vysya Bank
59. Which bollywood actor is campaigning for clean voting?
Answer: Aamir Khan
60. Who took over as Director General Military Operations succeeding Lt Gen Anand Mohan Verma?
Answer: Lt Gen Ashok Kumar Chaudhary