CAT Test 1 Question 31 to 40
Directions for Questions 31 to 33: Identify the incorrect sentence or sentences.
A. Last Sunday, Archana had nothing to do.
B. After waking up, she lay on the bed thinking of what to do.
C. At 11o'clock she took shower and got ready.
D. She spent most of the day shopping.
1. B and C
3. A and B
4. B, C, and D
A. It was a tough situation and Manasi was taking pains to make it better.
B. Slowly her efforts gave fruit and things started improving.
C. Everyone complemented her for her good work.
D. She was very happy and thanked everyone for their help.
3. B and C
4. A and C
A. Harish told Raj to plead guilty.
B. Raj pleaded guilty of stealing money from the shop.
C. The court found Raj guilty of all the crimes he was charged with.
D. He was sentenced for three years in jail.
1. A and C
2. B and D
3. A, C, and D
4. B, C, and D
Directions for Questions 34 to 36: Each statement has a part missing. Choose the best
option from the four options given below the statement to make up the missing part. ;
Q.34. Many people suggest _________________ and still others would like to convince people not to buy pirated cassettes
1. to bring down audiocassette prices to reduce the incidence of music piracy, others advocate strong legal action against the offenders,
2. bringing down audiocassette prices to reduce the incidents of music piracy, others are advocating strong legal action against offenders,
3. bringing down audiocassette prices to reduce the incidence of music piracy, others advocate strong legal action against offenders,
4. audiocassette prices to be brought down to reduce incidence of music piracy, others advocate that strong legal action must be taken against offenders,
Q.35. Archaeologists believe that the pieces of red-ware pottery excavated recently near Bhavnagar and _____________shed light on a hitherto dark 600-year period in the Harappan history of Gujarat.
1. estimated with a reasonable certainty as being about 3400 years old,
2. are estimated reasonably certain to be about 3400 years old
3. estimated at about 3400 years old with reasonable certainty,
4. estimated with reasonable certainty to be about 3400 years old,
Q.36. The ancient Egyptians believed ______________so that when these objects were magically reanimated through the correct rituals, they would be able to function effectively.
1. that it was essential that things they portrayed must have every relevant feature shown as clearly as possible
2. it was essential for things they portray to have had every relevant feature shown as clearly as possible,
3. it was essential that the things they portrayed had every relevant feature shown as clearly as possible,
4. that when they portrayed things, it should have every relevant feature shown as clearly as possible
Directions for Questions 37 to 40: Fill up the blanks, numbered  to , in the two passages below with the most appropriate word from the options given for each blank.
At that time the White House was as serene as a resort hotel out of season. The corridors were . In the various offices,  gray men in waistcoats talked to one another in low-pitched voices. The only color, or choler, curiously enough, was provided by President Eisenhower himself. Apparently, his  was easily set off; he scowled when he  the corridors.
Q.37. 1. Striking 2. hollow 3.empty 4. white
Q.38. 1. Quiet 2. faded 3. Loud 4. Stentorian
Q.39. 1. laughter 2. curiosity 3. humour 4. temper
Q.40. 1. paced 2.strolled 3. stormed 4. prowled