Current Affairs 2012
101. Youngest ever Microsoft Certified Professional who died recently at the age of 16 ?
Answer: Arfa Karim Randhawa
102. What is the total number of districts in Chhattisgarh as on
Answer: 1st January 2012?
103. Where the Coastal Business Development Summit is is held?
104. Name the DGP replacing outgoing chief Sankar Baruah for Assam.
Answer: Jayanta Narayan Choudhury
105. Where National Kannada conference is is set to be held in the month of April?
106. Which country recently joined UNSC as non-permanent member?
107. Who are now allowed to invest in Indian stock market directly?
Answer: QFI’s – Qualified foreign investors
108. How much of share can a QFI company and QFI’s put together hold a stake in Indian companies?
Answer: 5% and 10%
109. Which two countries have strengthened business ties to start trading electricity and petroleum products?
Answer: India and Pakistan
110. What is SEBI toll free helpline number launched to support 14 languages?
Answer: 1800 227 575
111. Who has been named male player of the year by Golf writers Association of America?
Answer: Luke Donald
112. Name the Argentinean bike rider who died after being involved in an accident on the first day of the Dakar Rally.
Answer: Jorge Martinez Boero
113. Name Afghan’s first team of female boxers set to aim for Olympics 2012.
Answer: Shabnam and Sadaf Rahimi
114. Which country test launched first 3D television broadcast?
115. What rank does Vishwanathan Anand holds as he prepares for 2012 World chess championship?
116. Name the former Macedoninan President who passed away recently.
Answer: Kiro Gligorov
117. Which Indian ace tennis star withdrew out of Aircel Chennai Open 2012 because of recurring shoulder injury?
Answer: Somdev Devvarman
118. Where the 5-day 99th Indian Science Congress science event is is set to start on 3rd January 2012?
Answer: Kalinga Institute of industrial Technology, Bhuvaneshwar, Orrisa
119. What bank account facility is set to be launched in India?
Answer: Bank Number Portability
120. Name the new education tablet launched by Classteacher Learning Systems, a Delhi based Educational Solutions Provider.