Current Affairs 2012
01. Which online video streaming site has launched a film festival?
02. Name the Indian wicketkeeper who is set to debut in place of MS Dhoni in test cricket against Australia.
Answer: Wriddhiman Saha
03. Where is the Jaipur Literature Festival held in India?
Answer: Diggi Palace, Jaipur
04. Which file-sharing website has US shut down recently?
05. Petroleum ministry recently allowed import of?
Answer: ATF – Aviation Turbine Fuel
06. Name the new kind of train launched by China.
Answer: Magnetic train
07. Which auto-maker regained its title as the world’s top-selling automaker in 2011?
Answer: General Motors
08. Who is appointed as COO of Intel?
Answer: Brain Krzanich
09. Who is appointed as Managing Editor of Wall Street Journal?
Answer: Raju Narisetti
10. Where did India open its 5th Consulate in US?
11. Which country is set to join European Union in 2013?
12. Name the year that is been celebrated across China?
Answer: Dragon year
13. Who won the Ranji Trophy 2011-12?
14. What rank does India hold to have a nuclear submarine?
Answer: 6th position
15. Which parliament passed Armenian gernocide bill?
Answer: French Parliament
16. What is the prevailing CRR as on 25th January 2012?
17. Which state’s theme has been set in 26th Surajkund Crafts Mela in Faridabad, Haryana?
18. Who won Grand slam title in men’s Australian Open 2012?
19. What rank does India hold as steel maker in 2011 as per World Steel Association?
Answer: 4th rank
20. What sum of capital has been approved to be infused in SBI and PNB?
Answer: Rs.7,900 crore and Rs.1,285 crore